Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Thursday, October 26, 2017

And just when ...



And just when I got my Quicken Bill Pay working again yesterday (oh, I am so smart! so agile! so computer-savvy!), I--yesterday--upgraded to Quicken 2018 (I upgrade every damn year), and ... guess what? ... Bill Pay no longer works.

Back on the Help Line (I considered, then rejected, the Suicide Hot Line), where I learned that because of the recent corporate change (Intuit no longer has Quicken, etc.), that I needed to set up a new Quicken Bill Pay account--see how that goes.

As of this moment? Not going well.

I've supplied a bunch of answers online--have set the thing up--but have to wait, so I read, a couple of days for them to check out my bank account, etc.

I can hardly wait.

Meanwhile, I sit here, reflecting about how easy computers have made our lives. Just think of the ways ... [PAUSE TO THINK]. Yeah, you're right: They haven't made our lives easier. Just more complicated. Frustrating.

Yeah, sure, some things are very helpful (like reading old books online instead of having to go to distant libraries--or wait for Interlibrary Loan), but I think (not counting my health!) that a large percentage of the frustration in my life is digital. There's always something, you know?

And so I am, once again, in Wait Mode. Over the next few days I'll discover if Bill Pay will work. Or not. Whether I'll be back on the Help Line--or in the line at the hardware to buy a nice thick piece of rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment