Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Friday, May 12, 2017

Oops ...


Well, I was supposed to get my Holter monitor today (records cardiac activity)--and wear it for a week. But ... Robert Burns ... "To a Mouse":

The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men

          Gang aft agley,

So ... we drove to Twinsburg for the 10:30 appointment and hook-up (don't think unclean thoughts!), and they hooked me up (ditto), explained how the thing worked, gave me a demonstration of how to send "episode" information ...

Oops.

Didn't work. Several attempts to reboot, switch batteries, etc. Then ... a call to the company. No help.

And then I learned they had only one unit available in the Twinsburg office.

So ... the company will send me another one via some sort of hurry-up delivery service, at which time I will, I guess, hook it up myself. (They showed me how ... to hook up.)

Only a tiny sliver of good news--well, two tiny slivers.

1. I don't have to wear it today. Or tomorrow, probably.

2. I can shower/bathe: I just have to remove the device + the sticky patches, then attach new stickers after the shower/bath. Etc.

So my family, my associates--the entire customer base at the Open Door Coffee Co.--all are grateful that they will not have to pretend I don't reek, at least in an olfactory sense, because I haven't bathed for a week--the term I'll be hooked-up (again: Be Clean in Your Thoughts).

More news awaits you after the ... hook-up ...

Be patient ...

No comments:

Post a Comment