Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Friday, September 20, 2013

Spoon River Middle School: 55


Joe Britecote


Free Writing (scratched out—never finished?)

I dreamed that Jennifer was hurt.  I woke up in tears.  And needed no one else to tell me what it all meant.

Jennifer Queen


Free Writing

I should have known.  About Brian.  Me, of all people.  I should have known that looks can be the greatest lie.  A lie that everyone believes.  And wants to believe, very very much.

Emily Booker


Free Writing

I knew.  I knew about Brian.  I read him like a book.  And he was the kind whose first sentence tells you what the last will be.  But sometimes you read on anyway, balancing like a wirewalker between fear and hope.

Mercury Swift


Free Writing.

When they took him away, I was in the Office.  And when he looked back at me, I swear, his blue eyes were so beautiful, so horribly beautiful.  No one ever told me that Death could be so beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment