Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Monday, January 11, 2021

Back in the Saddle Again?*

 


The last time I posted here was August 15, 2020. At that point I was feeling pretty lousy--side effects of a new cancer med I'd begun and some deepening depression about what lies ahead of me.

Since then, I've grown a little more ... resilient? Though no more "well." I am very unstable on my feet right now (various doctors are trying to figure out why); I've taken some bad falls--as the bruises on my body confirm.

Still, I want to write about a few things--so here I am, back in the saddle, but it's more like a child's rocking horse, and as I think about it, about my balance issues, it seems that I have become the rocking horse.

In subsequent days, I hope, I'll be catching you up on all that's gone on with us during Covid Daze, but the main thing is this: Slowly, slowly, slowly I have been working on the 3rd volume of The Papers of Victoria Frankenstein, a YA trilogy I've been writing for quite a few years.

I published (via Kindle Direct) the first two volumes; then my body said, "That's enough!"

And, for a while, it was.

Then I told myself that I can do this, and now I'm nearing the publication stage once again. But first--as I did with the previous two volumes--I am going to serialize the book first on Blogspot--on this site. That will give me a chance for one last look before I launch it onto the Web. A chance to catch the problems (and I hope they're small ones).

So ... here's hoping I can continue this.

*And here is Gene Autry, one of my cowboy heroes in my boyhood, singing the "Back in the Saddle" song.

Link to song.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! He's back! You just made my day! :) And, yes, I have checked back here many, many times over the last few months to see if your hiatus was over. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind—just like you and Chris! Thanks so much.

      Delete