Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Friday, August 3, 2018

2200 Posts!



Yesterday, I saw, was post #2200 on DawnReader--a total that, like so many other facts in my Later Life, shocks me. Example: I attended my 56th high school reunion last month ... how can that be? Oh, and for most of my career I taught 8th graders; this fall, one of our grandsons who will be in 8th grade. How can that be?

Anyway, this enterprise commenced back on January 6, 2012--a piece with a (stolen) title (from Charles Dickens' David Copperfield): "I Am Born." (Link to that first entry.) I said there that I would do a bunch of things; I've done some of them. But--as I've said before--I've not written as much about education as I thought I would. Time Marches On. And I am less and less and less conversant with what is actually going on in classrooms today. (I'll probably go see the new film Eighth Grade to discover exactly how much has changed since January 1997 when I retired from public-school  8th-grade teaching.)


Anyway, as is my wont, I just looked at the "visits" to this page--something I consult only every 100 posts--and I see I've had 467,045 "hits" here since the beginning--that's an average of about 212 hits/post. Not bad. Not great. Not really relevant. As I've written here before on these "anniversary posts," I write for myself--to get it out. And if some people do me the favor--the kindness--of taking a look, I am very grateful. 

But I would keep at it even if there were no visitors. It can be so therapeutic, writing--and, oh, do I need therapy (of all sorts!) these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment