Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Curse of MACBETH



The Scottish Play got me this week. Earlier, I posted here about how we had tickets for Macbeth--a play I've seen many times, a play I wasn't really looking forward to seeing, a play I knew I'd enjoy once we got into our seats at the Hanna in downtown Cleveland.

Our tickets were for Friday night--Friday the 13th. Seemed appropriate for a play featuring some witches, a ghost, etc.

So, yesterday afternoon (the 13th), I opened our ticket envelope, removed the tickets and the parking pass (don't ask about the cost of all this).

And saw that they were dated April 5.

What ...!?!!?

I confessed to Joyce, who took it ... well.

I then did what all guys in dotage do when they have messed up: I took a nap.

I woke up grumpy. Full of self-loathing.

But we had a wee supper, then drove down into the Cuyahoga Valley National Park to have a look at the blue herons now nesting on Bath Road. They were awesome.

Then ... up to West Market Plaza, where I bought some local honey at Mustard Seed Market before heading over to Panera to wait for Joyce, who was at TJ's in search of sheets.

We shared an orange scone. I was generous with the pieces featuring icing (her favorite).

Drove home in the gloaming.

Woke up in the middle of the night ... had I just heard witches cackle?  Something about bubble and trouble and By the pricking of my thumbs / Something wicked this way comes?

Nah. Couldn't have been ...

No comments:

Post a Comment