Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Birthday #73



So ... I turned 73 today.

Here's a link to what I wrote here on my birthday two years ago (2015, for those of you who, like me, are mathematically challenged): link to it

That post shows some things: a baby picture, my parents, my dad's letter to me when he found out I was born (Dad was in Europe--something about a World War), my mom's hospital bill for my delivery (the price is jaw-dropping).

Actually, I just looked: This hospital bill is not there--so here it is ... for an almost two-week stay! (Not all that uncommon then, in the days before the get-em-in-get-em-out insurance mandates.)

Anyway, I was apparently worth $63, but here I am--still hanging in there at 73. Enjoying the things I've always enjoyed (well, most of them). More worried, of course--I'm carrying cancer around in my body, and one of these days (not soon, I hope) he will triumph.

But so many things to love--so great to be back in touch with so many via Facebook.

I'm loving our son, his wife, our terrific grandsons (Logan, 12; Carson, 8), and my time with Joyce is more precious than breath.

We will meet them this evening for pizza and whatever at a local restaurant. And I will treasure every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment