Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Friday, October 14, 2016

Clutter



Okay, my study is cluttered. I've written about it before--posted about it here before (not all that long ago). It's better now than it's been for some time, but it still isn't too good. (My mother would not approve.)

But worse even than study-clutter is life-clutter. I just spent most of the morning doing things I don't really want to do (I thought that kind of stuff was supposed to end when I retired?!!?). The day started poorly, anyhow. When I got to the coffee shop, some Orc was in my seat, a vile transgression of Dyer's Laws. Punishable by death.

I let him off. Just this once.

Then I overheard a bizarre conspiracy conversation from some guys who think Obama will declare martial law and stay in office.

I had to finish a book I'm reviewing today (that part was fine; I liked the book). Just finished writing/filing the review.

Then I got an email from our accountant with some questions about our return (tomorrow is the Drop Dead Day for tax extensions); they are questions I had answered before--but had to double-check, a process that did not exactly brighten my mood.

My computer desktop looks like the rest of my life--icons elbowing one another for space. (Why doesn't this guy organize us? I hear one say.)

I just went through my email Inbox, deleting and archiving. (Growing ever more depressed by the second.)

**

These, I realized, are not all that bad, not considering what many people have to contend with every day.

I should be ashamed of myself.

But I'm not. I'm an American and all that.

And--maybe later today--I'll get over it (i.e., grow up). (Probably not.)

Meanwhile ... I mutter, mutter: "Clutter, clutter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment