Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Saturday, April 21, 2018

I'm Ashamed of Myself

not mine--mine is JAMMED
That's right--ashamed.

Here's why: My computer desktop is so cluttered with icons and shortcuts that I can't even see them all. There are photos, folders, shortcuts (as I said), Word files, .pdf's ... So many that, as I said, some of them are on the "next" screen--wherever that is.

So ... here's my task, right now (10:27 a.m.): I will sort, clean, delete, ... and get back to you with the result!

[PAUSE]

10:53: Okay, I just quit. I got a lot of it done, but Boredom (my enemy, my friend from school days) swooped into my study, grabbed me by the neck, and dragged me elsewhere: his job, of course. And so the rest is left for another day, a day not so far in the future when I will once again have a computer desktop clogged with clutter, and I will once again revile myself, and I will once again write a post about how I'm going to reform, knowing full well, the entire time, that Reform (yes, I capitalized it) is far beyond me and that the best I can hope for is an occasional lapse into fastidiousness, a lapse that (like all other lapses) will not linger long so that I can return--with some relief and comfort, actually--to Messiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment