Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hartland Sundries, 3


Thursday, April 14

1. Afraid I'd oversleep, I didn't really sleep much between 4:30-5:30 a.m., but I got up all right (!), had a little Best Western breakfast (yogurt, bagel, OJ), then drove down to the middle school, where I did my final three presentations about Jack London, this time to three different large groups of 8th graders. Like the 7th graders yesterday, these youngsters were attentive and respectful, and I appreciated some of their kind comments (as well as some thoughtful words from the teachers in attendance). We had a little "tech issue" before the kids arrived--nothing too worrisome, just the projector and computer not cooperating with each other for a while.

2. I was whupped by the end--8 presentations in two days--but felt good that I'd gotten some of London's remarkable life story "out there" to another audience.

3. A beautiful school--in every way.





4. Afterward, I drove a short way to the Cromaine Library, where I'll be talking tonight to another audience--this time about The Call of the Wild--and the realities upon which it was based. It's a beautiful place, as well, and I'll share pictures and stories about it tomorrow.

5. Then it was to the BP for gas for the trip home, McD's for a parfait and a low-cal muffin (hah!), and a trip back to my room at the Best Western, where I dealt with an iPad issue (grrrr), did some writing, and, about 2:30, decided it was Nap Time!

6. Nearly forgot--As I was hurrying to get away this morning, my laptop decided it was time to download and install a gazillion updates; it took a half-hour. But I, of course, took it calmly. Maturely. No bad words or thoughts.

(Do I lie well?)

No comments:

Post a Comment