Dawn Reader

Dawn Reader
from Open Door Coffee Co.; Hudson, OH; Oct. 26, 2016

Saturday, November 22, 2014

John O'Hara: Photographs


These pictures designed to accompany my publication, "Do You Like It Here?": Inside the Worlds of John O'Hara, Kindle Direct, 2014.

1. O'Hara's birthplace: Pottsville, PA; 123 Mahantongo Street



2. Boyhood home; Pottsville, PA: 606 Mahantongo Street






3. O'Hara farm, near Cressona, PA, their "summer place"; Panther Valley Road & the old farmhouse.



4. St. Patrick's School; Pottsville, PA



5. Home of his mother, Katharine Delaney O'Hara; Lykens, PA


6. Keystone Normal School; Kutztown, PA (now Kutztown University of Pennsylvania)


7. "Linebrook": His final home in Princeton, NJ


8. Grave--Princeton Cemetery


9. "O'Hara Nook": Pottsville Free Public Library


10. John O'Hara Street; Pottsville, PA


11. YMCA; Princeton, NJ; September 2012


1 comment:

  1. I recently found The Art of Burning Bridges at a yard sale and just finished it. I googled images for John O'Hara and your stuff came up. So I am really enjoying your blog posts, and plan on reading your publication on Do You Like it Her, which Wolff highlights as well(as I'm sure you know). I grew up in Northeast PA so I am somewhat familiar with the locale, and find it very interesting, now I am going to have to read more O'Hara, having read Appt. in Samarra only. O'Hara was a maniac, really an interesting guy kind of wish I met him (although then again -- maybe not) and the Wolff book is great.

    Also, agree on Upstart Crow, very funny stuff. Paul Pauciulo

    ReplyDelete